New Grievance Resolution Process
The Union and the Company have agreed to a new process of resolving grievances prior to mediation/arbitration. A meeting now will take place on a monthly basis to try to resolve as many issues as possible through this resolution process. The Company and the Union both recognize the need for more timely mutually, satisfactory solutions.
UMHQ (Union-Management) Meeting held on March 29, 2007
The following issues are under resolution between the Company and the Union:
- B767XM Crew Rest Curtains: The Company advises this issue has been resolved. Please advise your local base if you are still encountering privacy issues.
- Training at Smaller Bases (YHZ, YWG & YYC): The Company advises that crewmembers will not be put on standby to travel to YYZ or YVR for training. D/H priority will be used and crewmembers will not be deplaned.
- Notification of Delayed Pickup Times at Layover Stations: The Company advises that they are re-implementing procedures to ensure crewmembers are now notified of delays at layover stations.
- People Soft – Booking Training: The Company advises that they will simplify procedures and/or issue an information booklet on a step-by-step “how to” book training to make People Soft more user friendly.
- E-Pub Confirmation: Further to the Company bulletin dated March 21, 2007, whereby members must bring confirmation of insertion of transmittals into 356/378. The Company confirms that members will now be able to print this confirmation at training locations, if required.
- Implementation of Orders: The Union put the Company on notice in regards to their not processing Teplitsky’s orders in a timely manner. The Company responded that they will implement a new process which will ensure a more timely follow up.
The Union has approached the Company to discuss I/C rate of pay for B777.
New Committee Appointments
The following new committee appointments have been made:
PBS Committee Chairperson: Katherine Thompson
Uniform Committee Chairperson: Jeff Taylor
Crew Resource Representative: Katherine Kontosthenos
Grievance Committee: Carmela Iermieri
Bill C-257 Anti-Scab Law
Further information on the Federal parliament vote concerning the Anti-Scab law campaign Bill C-257 can be found at www.canadianlabour.ca.
Component Open House
Come visit the Component Officers and Staff at 25 Belfield Rd., Etobicoke on Thursday April 26, 2007, between 11:00am and 2:00pm
President’s Hotline Message
The President’s Hotline Message can be accessed by calling 1(800)735-2676 or locally (416)258-1175.
Every month a new President’s Hotline Message will be recorded in order to update the membership on current Union issues.
President, Air Canada Component of CUPE