In accordance with Appendix “B” of the Air Canada Component Bylaws, anyone wishing to be nominated for the available Component Trustee position should adhere to the following information:
– A Trustee election shall be held every year in January, last a minimum of ten (10) days and close at 12:00 noon EST on the final day of voting. (Article B.5.1) If an election is necessary to fill this position, it will begin on January 8, 2020 at 9 am EST, and will end on January 22, 2020 at 12 pm EST.
– Members who wish to be nominated for the available Component Trustee position shall file nomination papers and a completed Oath of Nomination form, to be received by the Chairperson of the Component Tabulating Committee by November 15th in the calendar year preceding the Component Officer Elections. (Article B.6.1)
– Candidates shall disclose their full name and intended position clearly on the nomination papers prior to soliciting signatures. (Article B.6.2)
– Nomination forms, as provided by the Component Tabulating Committee, must have at least fifty (50) signatures from eligible voters on the Membership List. (Article B.6.3)
– The Oath of Nomination form (Appendix “F”) must be completed in its entirety in order to be accepted by the Tabulating Committee. (Article B.6.4)
NOTE: For interested candidates, a complete instruction package with Nomination Sheets and the Oath of Nomination will be available on the Air Canada Component website www.accomponent.ca, as well as by request from your Local office, or by clicking HERE. It is recommended that you read the complete instruction package.
DEADLINE: Completed original Nomination Sheets and the Oath of Nomination must be received no later than, November 15, 2019 at 16:00 EST at the following address:
AIR CANADA COMPONENT TABULATING COMMITTEE
25 BELFIELD ROAD
Nomination Sheets and the Oath of Nomination received after November 15, 2019 at 16:00 EST will NOT be accepted. The Tabulating Committee recommends sending your documentation by registered mail to ensure timely delivery and receipt.
Your Component Tabulating Committee