As per page vi of the Memorandum of Agreement (click HERE to view) which was signed following the last round of Collective Bargaining, all crew members are entitled to a 2% wage increase effective April 1, 2020.
Due to the fact that the March 2020 block month included April 1st and 2nd, we have been advised that the employer was not able to do an adjustment of such magnitude and therefore those affected will need to submit a pay claim for any pairings/reserve duty or vacation that operated on or through April 1st and April 2nd.
Air Canada/Air Canada Rouge have assured us that going forward they will ensure that the April block month is always scheduled to commence on the 1st of the month so that they will avoid a future occurrence of this issue.
Please submit a pay claim for the following:
- pairings that would have operated on or through April 1st and April 2nd, and any premiums or other credits associated with these pairings i.e. DOT, regular draft, RSV RDO premium, ground duty,
- vacation credits held on or through April 1st and 2nd
- paid family LOA’s for pairings that originated on or when through April 1st and 2nd
- dropped/pay protected pairings that originated on or operated through April 1st and 2nd
- sick leave credits for pairings that originated on or operated through April 1st and April 2nd
- reserve duty and airport standby credits on April 1st and April 2nd